follow me on redux

10.10.07

You Tube and copyright law

I notice that you tube dealt me a shady under the belt notification the other day,

I was told that they had decided to make a video I uploaded as a breach of copyright and it has been up there for months, I originally got it from friends via e-mail so my view is if it can be sent via e-mail to all and sundry why does that not constitute a breach of the copyright law.

I must say that I did check beforehand and it was just fine but it seems not. Click on the image to see it better.

The letter in part said.

I quote!! This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. claiming that this material is infringing: !! Unquote.

You can read all of it on here but I fear that this is just sour grapes on the part of the ABC the strange thing is they did not remove it so I did.

I had the usual threats so I think I might stay with live video for a while and see how things turn out.

It seems you can make things worse if you complain if you read it, I don't like being held to ransom

I am tempted to remove all my videos and put them up on live video but I just can’t be bothered.

I have the facilities to download them and convert them back to WVI format but in my view it is just not worth it.

Comments most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment