follow me on redux

27.2.08

Goodness gracious me

So staid old Britain had an earthquake

Not really funny I know having been in one but I was truly not aware the UK was in the earthquake belt as my Father used to say.

Well Dad old chap I guess you got it wrong wherever you are now

Not a nice thing to go through it is true.

The epicentre as the BBC termed it was in Lincolnshire measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale

Some comments included Natasha Cavey, in Tipton in the West Midlands, said: "All my cupboard doors flew open and the whole house shook, it was unreal. I can't believe it."

David in Alrewas in Staffordshire said: "The birds were flying around like it was daylight.

"It was quite severe. I experienced the Dudley one and this was more severe.

"I went outside to see if the roof had collapsed. I could see the furniture in the room moving, it was like it was on a jelly mould."

David Somerset, 41, from Driffield near Beverley in East Yorkshire, said: "I have never felt one as strong as that one before. I was in my sitting room and the grandfather clock was rattling rather violently.

"It was very strong; I felt the whole room moving."

All this and more can be read on here BBC I must admit I had a shock to read of it as I said I was never aware that the British Isles had ever had one before

No comments:

Post a Comment